melshort9.etsy.com

my etsy gift shop, with lots of goodies for new babies and mommas

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dressin' Up My Dresser

P has my old dresser in her bedroom. I had it in my room for as long as I can remember - it makes me happy that my little girl is going to grow up with it, too.


For the longest time I've wanted to replace the square wooden handles with pretty girly ones. But I didn't want to spend any money on it. It's pretty hard to find free handles. Restoration Hardware's not giving them away. Neither is Anthropologie, or even Home Depot. I finally found some on Etsy - a set of 13 vintage white ceramic handles that had never been used before. (Thirteen? What an odd collection. . .) For less than $17, including shipping. So that's close enough to free for me. Here's the shop were I found the handles: Castleberry Antiques.

Aren't they cute? P helped me put them on. It's scary how good she is with a screwdriver. Thanks, Handy Manny.

No comments:

Post a Comment